Are you suffering from a herniated or ruptured disc in the Seattle, WA area? If so, our chiropractic doctor and massage therapists at MindBody Med offer safe and natural treatment plans to help you heal from that troubling neck and back pain.
Pain Can Go By Many Different Names
Slipped disc, prolapsed disc, herniated disc, ruptured disc. These are all terms for a common type of spinal injury involving the soft discs that lie between each of your spinal vertebrae. These discs act as shock absorbers in your spine and hold the vertebra together.
When a spinal disc bulges, it might press against or pinch your spinal nerves, causing pain and other problems in various areas of your body. The exact area of your body affected depends on which vertebra and nerves are involved.
Signs Of A Slipped Disc
Not all herniated discs present with symptoms, but when nerves are involved, you will likely experience some pain or weakness. The following signs may indicate that you have a prolapsed disc, especially when localized on one side of the body:
- Leg or foot pain, especially if it travels down the limb.
- Burning, shooting pain in the shoulder or arm.
- Muscle weakness, which may cause you to stumble or have trouble lifting things.
- Muscle spasms.
- Pain in a limb that feels worse when you cough or sneeze.
- Pain that gets worse when you sit or stand.
- Neck pain when you turn or bend your neck.
- Back pain/sciatica.
Natural Treatments For A Ruptured Disc
At MindBody Med in Seattle, we help people find relief from painful herniated discs with a variety of safe and noninvasive chiropractic treatments. Because each injury is unique, we will develop an individualized treatment plan based upon the results of your comprehensive physical exam and medical history.
Depending on what we find, your treatment may include a combination of:
- Chiropractic care, such as adjustments and manipulation.
- Massage therapy to reduce muscle tension around the spine.
- Musculoskeletal therapy/functional rehab to promote strength and movement.
Take Your First Step Towards Healing
Chiropractic treatment is a safe and effective means of dealing with many spinal injuries. If a slipped disc is causing you pain or discomfort, call us at MindBody Med today to schedule your appointment in Seattle, WA.